Thursday, June 9, 2011

Napkins

GUESS WHAT!?!?! I tried out my Brand New Serger last night!!!! It was fabulous. =) I even threaded it all by myself. My first project : Napkins. My husband picked out the fabric months ago. At that time I made up about half of the napkins by folding the seams over and topstitching. The other half were never finished so I thought it would be a great first project for my serger. Using my new serger.... the Brother 1034d 3/4 Lay In Serger..... was an awesome experience. It was SO fast. I used the 'rolled hem' feature and they came out beautifully. I learned that turning the corners is a bit of a challenge, but I got better with each one....after I read a little tutorial online.

Four of my napkins with teal hemline.

Front and back of stitch... not that the picture is good enough to really see!

3 comments:

Kama said...

Hi! I saw your name on a blog comment form that I was reading. I thought it was Spanish, but then I realized it wasn't. I stopped by to check out your blog and really like it. You're crafty! :)

Andrea @ Sew Divertimento said...

Hey Kama,
Thanks so much! The "divertimento" is Italian for 'fun' and its actually one of my favorite musical forms to perform (I'm a professional musician). So I put it in my blog name trying to connect the music with the sewing. =) Glad you stopped by!
~Andrea

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My sons bought me a serger over a year ago. I tried to use it, and broke the thread. I've been afraid to try it again. You did a great job with the napkins.